About 15 years ago, having already helped clients for 20 years, I discovered an uncommon strategy for helping people get out of debt. What began as notes of thoughts during down times and air travel began to form the foundation of a manuscript. It was initially going to be a financial planning book for the masses. Over time, as I listened to General Conference talks about using money wisely and read the scriptures, I would think to myself, That is a good thought and should be in my book. My notes evolved into a book that combines practical financial planning advice with the teachings of the gospel, primarily geared toward members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The name of the Church was given by the Lord Himself when He instructed: “For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” (Doctrine and Covenants 115:4). To be true to that charge, we are changing the names of many of the Church’s global communication channels as follows:
- LDS.org will become ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- The missionary-focused website Mormon.org will be changed to ComeUntoChrist.org.
- Church social media accounts will emphasize the name of the Savior’s Church.
Over time, many Church communication channels in English will become part of ChurchofJesusChrist.org. In coming months, Church websites and social media accounts in other languages will be adjusted following a similar pattern. More detail can be found below or at Newsroom.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
This is a complex effort in numerous global languages and much work remains. We encourage all to be patient and courteous as we work together to use and share the proper name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints throughout the world.
Jesus Christ is at the center of His Church and we will be blessed as we strive to make Him the center of our lives.
In the coming months, the ChurchofJesusChrist.org domain name will replace what were the following:
- LDS.org (ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- MormonNewsRoom.org (Newsroom.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Mormon.org will take more time to merge with ChurchofJesusChrist.org. Until that time, it will change to ComeUntoChrist.org.
Church Social Media Accounts
Several Church social media accounts will consolidate and give greater emphasis to the name of the Savior’s church.
- The Church’s official Facebook page will continue to be called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.” The official page on Instagram will now be “Church of Jesus Christ.” The handles for both pages will be @ChurchofJesusChrist.
- A new Facebook group has been established to build community and better inform individuals about Church news and updates. This group is called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-daySaints—Inspiration and News.”
- The Church’s Twitter account display name will continue to be called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints” with the username of @ChurchNewsroom and will be the primary source on social media for news from the Church.
Church Mobile Apps
Many of the Church’s mobile apps will be renamed to align with recent direction from Church leaders regarding the naming of Church products.
Any additional changes will be posted at Newsroom.ChurchofJesusChrist.org